We have come a long way since our small beginnings in the early sixties, for both the Association and the profession of chemistry. Meet the members, become involved, read about where we were, where we are, and where we are heading.
The ACPO has set forth several vital objectives for the Association to stand by on all matters. They are as follows:
The objectives of the Association shall be:
- To make the profession of increasing service to industry and the public;
- To maintain high standards of competence, integrity and ethics within the profession;
- To develop further an appreciation of the profession among other professions, industries and the public;
- To improve the conditions under which members of the profession are working within the province;
- To promote among students a recognition of the importance of the study of chemistry and chemical engineering;
- To promote and increase the knowledge, skill, and proficiency of its members in all things relating to chemistry and chemical engineering;
- To improve the standards of excellence in research, investigation, education, and publicity as they pertain to the profession;
- To do any other thing that the Council reasonably considers will further its objectives.
- Licensure Historical Perspective 1984-1996
- Act of 1984
- Act of 1963