The following are the terms and conditions of use of this website. Please read them carefully before proceeding further.
This Site is owned and operated by the Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario (ACPO). It may be used for informational and non-commercial purposes only. Commercial use of this website is not permitted. You may not copy, use, display, market or alter any element in this website for the benefit of any person.
1. Accuracy of information
Despite efforts to verify that the material on this site is accurate, errors are still possible. Consequently we are not responsible if information that we make available on or through this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making significant decisions without consulting primary or more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance upon the materials on this site shall be at your own risk. This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information necessarily is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the site at any time, without notice.
2. Use of material from the site
This site is the property of ACPO and is protected by copyright and trademark. Taken together, the presentation and content of this site constitute a work of intellectual property belonging to ACPO and, as such, are protected by the laws currently in force. No reproduction and/or representation, be it whole or in part, may be made of this site without the prior written permission of ACPO. You agree that you will not copy, display or transmit any material on the site in any manner or medium. You also agree not to modify, sell, broadcast or distribute any material on the site, in any manner or medium, including by uploading the material or otherwise making the material available online.
3. Links to other Websites
This website contains links to facilitate your access to third party websites. ACPO does not control any third party website and is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. ACPO is providing such links to you for your convenience only and the inclusion of any link does not imply any representation, endorsement, investigation or verification by ACPO of the linked website or information contained therein.
ACPO does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any such external or third-party website nor does it accept any liability in relation to any of these, including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external or third-party website to which this website includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
4. Registration and Passwords
- You agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself as required by the relevant registration process, and to promptly update such information as necessary to ensure that it is kept accurate and complete.
- You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords or other account identifiers which you choose or are assigned as a result of any registration over our website all activities that occur under such password or account.
- In the event you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or your account, you shall notify ACPO immediately.
You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your information, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
5. Conditions of online sale
The prices indicated on the ACPO site are those established for consumer sales and are quoted in Canadian dollars.
Credit cards are the only form of payment accepted for online buying on the ACPO website. We honour Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The payment service has a number of security-related features, such as asymmetrical encoding, which ensures secured transmission of your credit card number over the Internet.
The sales conditions mentioned above act as a contract between a member and the ACPO. The sales conditions can be modified at any time by the ACPO.
6. Membership Refund Policy
- Membership dues are non-refundable and non transferable. The ACPO issues a refund only if an error has been made.
- When a member chooses to terminate her/his membership, no refund of the prepaid dues will be provided.
- All member benefits, including personal professional liability insurance, cease on termination.
All Other Membership Categories
- When a member wishes to terminate her/his membership, no refund of the prepaid dues will be provided. At the written request of the member and with the discretion of the Board, exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
- If the Board determines that a refund should be made, the amount of the refund will be dependent upon the length of time remaining in the membership.
- If there is more than six months remaining, the amount refunded will be equal to six months of that membership. If there is less than six months remaining in the membership, there will be no refund.
- An administration charge may be deducted from the amount paid.
7. Limitation of Liability
All materials and information are presented “as is”, and ACPO expressly disclaims any implied or express warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property relating to such material. In no event shall ACPO be liable for any damages whatsoever, including without limitation special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, including without limitation, damages resulting from the use of, or reliance on, the information presented, or loss of profits or revenues.
ACPO disclaims all warranties and/or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to the content of, and to any matter relating to the website, including implied warranties and/or conditions of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This limitation applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, extra contractual or any other basis, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, our liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
8. Indemnity and Severability
The website originates in the Province of Ontario, Canada. It shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law. All disputes, proceedings or claims arising out of or in connection with the website shall be submitted and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
11. Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right, at our complete discretion, to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting revised terms on the site. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we may make to these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this site following the posting of changes to these terms or other policies means you accept the changes.
Legal operating address:
Please see our Contact us page. Thank you for visiting our site and please come back again.